Hair transplants have a long history, but it wasn’t until the mid-1990s that they began to be perfected with the use of techniques that are still practiced today around the world.
Hair transplants performed with the FUT technique in the 1990s were replaced by the FUE method, developed in the early 2000s and introduced in 2005.
Although the technique has been in continuous development with some additional improvements, the basic principles of the FUE remain the same. Nowadays, the technique is still considered the highest standard of hair transplant surgery. The most advanced technique in hair transplantation is the FUE technique. Nowadays, people suffering from hair loss can recover a natural appearance with the FUE technique.
The main feature of the FUE technique for hair transplantation is that it leaves no scars and it has a shorter healing time. The success of the operations has also increased thanks to advances in the medical instruments used in the FUE technique.
The FUE technique can be performed with a variety of different medical instruments. As a result, it is known by some different names, such as:
- Classic FUE (via micro motor)
- Robotized FUE
- DHI Technique (FUE carried out with Choi Implanters)
- Sapphire FUE (FUE carried out with Sapphire Blades)
FUE hair transplants made with sapphire blades, a recently introduced technique, offer the best results.
This happens, in general, because the incisions created using scalpels with sapphire crystal blades heal faster and leave only a barely visible scar.
ESSENTIAL POINTS OF HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
– People between 20 and 60 years old can undergo hair transplant surgery.
– Patients undergoing a hair transplant operation need just 3 days for pre-surgery preparation and recovery.
– Although the duration of the intervention varies according to the number of grafts that will be transplanted, it typically lasts between 5 and 7 hours.
– To respond to possible complications, the operation must be performed in a fully equipped clinic or hospital.
– The operation must be supervised at least by a doctor and carried out by a team of at least 3 technicians.
– The final result of the growth takes 6 to 18 months to be evident.
– From the day after the surgery, the patient could wait up to 18 months to notice the complete evolution of hair growth.